Explore the historic “Main Street of America,” from cosmopolitan Chicago and quirky St. Louis, through the deserts of New Mexico, to sunny Los Angeles.
- Excerpted from Road Trip USA
- Mile-by-mile highlights celebrating the best of Route 66, including The Grand Canyon, Cadillac Ranch, Tinkertown, and London Bridge, as well as the parks, diners, and kitschy favorites along the way
- Driving maps covering the entire historic route
- Vintage snapshots, full-color photos, and beautiful illustrations of Route 66 both then and now in a slim, portable guide
- Local history that reveals the unique personalities of small towns and big cities along the route, plus roadside curiosities and worthwhile detours
- Expert advice from road-warrior Jamie Jensen, who has zoomed along nearly 400,000 miles of highway in search of the perfect stretches of pavement
Road Trip USA: Route 66 celebrates the great American road trip, and gives you the tools, resources, and inspiration to make it your own. Hit the Road!