From lush forests and fertile farms to rushing rivers and tranquil lakes, experience Wisconsin’s classic Midwestern charm with Moon Wisconsin.
What you’ll find in Moon Wisconsin:
- Strategic itineraries for any budget and timeline, from a long weekend in Milwaukee or Madison to a week-long getaway to Door County
- Detailed maps and handy reference photos throughout
- Curated trip advice for history buffs, foodies, outdoor adventurers, and more
- Top attractions and off-beat ideas for making the most of your trip: Check out a typical Wisconsin dairy farm and sample fresh wheels of cheese, or let the kids try their hand at churning their own butter. Kayak to sea caves, cycle through rolling hills filled with apple orchards, or hike around a secluded island. Hit the slopes at a ski resort, go snowmobiling across a frozen lake, or explore unique glacial topography on the Ice Age National Scenic Trail. Wander Milwaukee’s historic downtown, check out the Harley-Davidson museum, and unwind with a locally brewed craft beer
- The best road trips in Wisconsin, including the state’s designated “Rustic Roads”
- Honest advice from native “cheesehead” Thomas Huhti on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from luxe hotels, to historic lodges and lakeside cabins
- Recommendations for getting to Wisconsin and getting around, by plane, train, bus, or car (or even boat!)
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, outdoor recreation safety, and history
With Moon’s expert advice, diverse activities, and local insight into the best of Wisconsin, you can plan your trip your way.