From remote deserts and arid mountain ranges, to colorful canyons and world-famous national parks, Moon Utah reveals the best of this adventurous state.
What you’ll find in Moon Utah:
- Strategic itineraries from a weekend getaway to Salt Lake City, to ten days covering the entire state, curated for history buffs, families, outdoor adventurers, budget travelers, and more
- Detailed maps and helpful reference photos throughout
- How to plan a national parks road trip covering Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Capitol Reef, and Canyonlands
- Must-see attractions and offbeat ideas: Hike or mountain bike across canyons, rugged mountain ranges, and glistening salt flats, or hit the slopes at a Park City ski resort. Admire ancient Native American rock art or cliff dwellings, and walk beside fossilized dinosaur footprints.
- Explore historic Mormon sites in Salt Lake City, or wander through old mining towns. Go rafting down the Colorado River, canyoneering through the Narrows, or climb to the famed Delicate Arch just in time to watch the sun setting over the captivating hoodoos
- Honest recommendations from Utah experts and lifelong explorers W.C. McRae and Judy Jewell on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from ski resorts to budget motels
- Accurate, up-to-date information including the best ways to get around, plus background on the landscape, wildlife, history, and local laws
- Advice for LGBTQ+ travelers, international visitors, seniors, and travelers with disabilities
With Moon Utah‘s myriad activities, practical advice, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Coverage: Salt Lake City, Park City and the Wasatch Range, Provo and Central Utah, Dinosaur National Monument and vicinity, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, the Escalante region (including Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and Capitol Reef National Park), Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Moab