Wind-carved red rocks, brightly-painted adobe houses, and miles of open desert road: explore the beauty of the Southwest with Moon Southwest Road Trip. Inside you’ll find:
- Maps and Driving Tools: 32 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, and detailed directions for the entire route
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: You’ll know exactly what you want to do at each stop with lists of the best hikes, views, and more. Revel in the glitz of Las Vegas, or shop the markets of Santa Fe. Marvel at the sandstone spires of Monument Valley and the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde National Park, or go mountain biking in Moab or swimming in Havasu Falls
- Itineraries for Every Traveler: Drive the entire two-week route, or follow strategic routes like a Route 66 road trip or a week-long tour of the national parks, as well as suggestions for spending time in Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce, Arches and Canyonlands, Santa Fe, and Taos
- Local Expert: Road warrior and Arizona local Tim Hull shares his love of the Southwest (including where to find the best fiery chiles!)
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, and suggestions for LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road trippers with kids
With Moon Southwest Road Trip‘s practical tips, detailed itineraries, and insider’s view, you’re ready to fill up the tank and hit the road.