Moon Route 66 Road Trip reveals the best of this iconic highway, from sweeping prairies and red rock mountains to the glittering Pacific. Inside you’ll find:
- Maps and Driving Tools: 37 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, and detailed directions for the entire route
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: You’ll know exactly what you want to do at each stop with lists of the best hikes, views, and more. Wander transcendent landscapes like Acoma Pueblo or Joshua tree. Immerse yourself in classic Americana with roadside attractions, outsider art, and kitsch masterpieces. Explore metropolitan icons like Los Angeles or Chicago, or stop for a drink at an authentic soda fountain
- Itineraries for Every Traveler: Drive the entire original route in two weeks, or follow strategic routes for one- to two-days in Chicago, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Santa Fe, and the Grand Canyon, plus side trips to Taos, Las Vegas, Joshua Tree, and Santa Monica
- Expert Perspective: Historian and Route 66 connoisseur Candacy Taylor provides critical insight into the history of the “Mother Road,” including the women of Route 66, car culture, and the untold stories of the Green Book, which enabled African Americans to travel west safely
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, and suggestions for LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road trippers with kids
With Moon Route 66 Road Trip‘s practical tips, detailed itineraries, and insider’s view, you’re ready to fill up the tank and hit the road.